- The 2010 Mardi Gras celebration marks the 173rd year of parading in New Orleans.
- The 2010 parade season will be the fourth since Hurricane Katrina occurred, and will be sure to mark the highest number of visitors to New Orleans since.
- A film entitled Mardi Gras will be released in theaters on February 19, 2010 – three days after Mardi Gras day.
- Mardi Gras 2010 happens two days after the Chinese New Year for 2010.
- The oldest Mardi Gras krewe, Rex, will mark it’s 138th year of parading
and of course, the Saints will win the Super Bowl too